You know the sweet, melt-in-your-mouth feeling you get when you bite into a perfectly roasted pear? That caramelized flavor paired with a tender, giving texture is pure perfection. Well get ready, because we’re about to show you a roasted pear dessert recipe that takes this fruit to a whole new level of decadence. In just a few simple steps, you’ll learn how to turn pears into a showstopping finale for any special meal. Trust us when we say that the aromas that will fill your kitchen are downright intoxicating. And not only does this dessert look beautiful with its burnished, glazed exterior, but the taste will have you closing your eyes in bliss with every forkful. So bust out your best baking pan and preheat that oven – it’s time to create the best roasted pear dessert you’ll ever try!
Ingredients Needed for This Amazing Roasted Pear Dessert Recipe
To make this showstopping dessert, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients.
- 4 ripe yet firm Bosc or Anjou pears: Look for pears that yield slightly to pressure but still feel solid. Avoid pears that are too soft.
- 1/3 cup sugar: Granulated sugar works great and helps create a sweet caramel glaze.
- 1/4 cup water: Just a bit of water helps the sugar melt into a glaze.
- 2 tablespoons butter: A little butter adds richness and helps the pears get nicely browned.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon: A touch of cinnamon provides a warm, spicy flavor.
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (optional): Serve the roasted pears with a scoop of ice cream or dollop of whipped cream if desired.
That’s it – just a few basic ingredients are needed to make this simple yet scrumptious dessert. Once you try these gorgeous glistening roasted pears, you’ll want to make them again and again. Your family and friends will surely thank you for sharing this delightful dish with them! Now let’s get roasting!
Step-by-Step Instructions to Make the Perfect Roasted Pears
Are you ready to make the most delicious roasted pears you’ve ever tasted? Follow these simple steps and you’ll be enjoying this sweet treat in no time!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This will prevent the pears from sticking as they roast.
- Wash and peel the pears, then cut them in half lengthwise and remove the cores. Leave the stems on – they make a great handle and add to the presentation!
- Arrange the pear halves on the prepared baking sheet, cut side up.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and melted butter. Spoon the mixture over the pears, making sure each half is coated.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, until the pears are tender when pierced with a fork and the juices are bubbling.
- Allow the pears to cool slightly, then serve them with whipped cream, ice cream or your favorite cheese. The possibilities are endless! These pears would also make a great topping for waffles, pancakes or yogurt.
- Enjoy your delicious roasted pears! The aromas of cinnamon and nutmeg will fill your kitchen and you’ll be so glad you tried this easy recipe. Your friends and family will surely thank you – that is, if you’re willing to share!
How’s that for an enthusiastic set of instructions? Follow these steps and you’ll be well on your way to roasting the perfect pears. Let me know how they turn out!
Serving Suggestions and Variations for This Delicious Roasted Pear Dessert
Now that you’ve made this delectable dessert, it’s time to serve and enjoy! Here are some suggestions to make this treat even more special:
Top It Off
Add a dollop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or creme fraiche on top of each pear half. The cold creaminess pairs perfectly with the warm, caramelized pears. For an extra special treat, try a salted caramel or bourbon ice cream—the flavors will complement each other beautifully!
Change It Up
Substitute the pears for apples, peaches or plums for variety. Any stone fruit will work great and result in a delicious dessert. You can also use a mix of fruits for more complex flavors in each bite.
Make It Boozy
For an adults-only version, add a splash of bourbon, rum or brandy to the maple-honey mixture while the pears are roasting. The alcohol will impart a subtle kick and intoxicating aroma.
Top the pears with an oat and nut crumble or streusel for a bit of crunch. The crumble adds texture and soaks up the delicious juices from the pears while baking.
Bake à la Mode
For an over-the-top experience, place a small scoop of ice cream on top of each pear half before crumbling and baking. The ice cream will melt into a gooey, caramel-like sauce under the crumble. Your guests will surely be impressed!
With so many possible variations and serving suggestions for this recipe, you’ll be enjoying this delicious treat all year round. Feel free to get creative and come up with your own flavor combinations – the possibilities are endless! Dig in and savor each warm, sweet bite.